- About me
I am a PhD student in Applied Mathematics at the University
of Maryland, Baltimore County.
I am working with
Dr. Andrei Draganescu
on topics related to:
I also have open research in probabilistic cellular automata.
- developing/improving methods in non-smooth
- developing pre-conditioners for inverse problems
related to image reconstruction
- domain decomposisiton for numerical solutions
Fall 2017: MATH 151-06 – Calculus and Analytic
Geometry I, Tuesday-Thursday 10:00–11:15
Brummitt, Delventhal, and Retzlaff,
Packard Snowflakes on the von Neumann
Journal of Cellular Automata,
3–1, 2008, pp 57–80.
Проблемы построения вещественных чисел
[Problems in Constructing the Real Numbers];
Undergraduate thesis, University of Wisconsin and
Herzen State Pedagogical University, 2006.
- Substantial coursework
- Math 650 and 651: Optimization (Shen, Guler)
- Math 612 and 614: Differential Equations
- Math 620 and 630: Numerical Methods and Linear
- Math 710 (2): Variational Inequalities and
Complementarity Problems (Gowda, Potra)
- In my previous lives...
- 2007–2015: I was a high school mathematics
- 1997–2003: I sold specialty construction
materials and did freelance work on various remodeling
- About the photo
Yes, I was in Pie Town, NM on ultimate pi day 3/14/15, at
9:26:53am (well, it was 9:26 pacific time, unfortunately we
were an hour late for the local mountain time)
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
email: mretzla1 'at ' umbc 'dot' edu
office: Sherman Hall 134